Spring 2011 Season Thoughts

Go down

Spring 2011 Season Thoughts

Post by ClaymoreSmiley on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:14 am

I plan on watching at least one ep of every anime this season so I figured it'd be nice to have a place to post thoughts and reviews:

X-Men
It was good. Reminded me of the Wolverine anime... big surprise since it's the exact same folks. Anyway it was interesting that they actually tied it into an existing X-Men storyline (Dark Phoenix) and all-in-all it was a great X-Men anime. It's not really better or worse than the American cartoons of X-Men so really watch it if you're an X-Men fan, but it's not so amazingly great that people should go out of their way to see it.

Dog Days
Freaking yes! This show was great! ... okay it might be a little too lite for some people but I really like its light-hearted fantasy feel. The milquetoast atmosphere of everything from the main character to the fantasy world itself actually adds to the charm. It will drive people who aren't fond of overly happy stuff insane, though, so those types might want to avoid it. But for me? 100% sticking with this one.

Nichijou
Um. It's the love-child of Lucky Star, Azumanga Daioh and... that one show, the one with the really short blonde teacher that I can't remember the name of. It's a random comedy that seems to be channeling all other random comedies before it. I'm not sure if that's part of the joke or if they were actually just biting on those shows. Anyway it had parts that made me laugh and it had jokes that totally fell flat or went over my head. I dunno if 26 eps of this is a good idea... I'd much rather see 26 eps of Dog Days, for example. But whatever, I have faith in KyoAni so I'll stick with it.

Tiger and Bunny
Great concept, and I like the cast. Japanese western-style superhero shows never really got my attention 'til now. This was a solid one. It almost seems to be calling to mind classic American cop buddy movies. I'll stick with this one. Also if I was in that world I'd vote for Kid Dragon 100%

Where they will lead I take the plunge eyes wide

Don't talk to me 'til you've played Suikoden 2
ClaymoreSmiley
Translator
Translator

Awesome Points : 131

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spring 2011 Season Thoughts

Post by kuja on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:47 am

i'm interested to watching Dog Days Surprised

Typesetter

Awesome Points : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazama on Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:01 am

Mines:
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai

:3

バカメ!
Hazama
LUV EEEEEET щ(゚Д゚щ)
LUV EEEEEET щ(゚Д゚щ)

Awesome Points : 10867

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:10 pm

I'll check the first episodes of most new series. Just watched Dog Days, here's my impression on it- In a spoiler in case you want a complete surprise:
Spoiler:
Alright. The good: Nice scenario. I love the cat side, the dog side not so much. The simplistic soldiers are awesome and the setting seems cool with their way of warfare. Quite some likeable characters too, and cat / dog girls. Always nice.

The Bad: The main character... sucks. When he walked out of the window of the school I seriously hoped he fell. Goofy shitty attitude, really dull. The animation style was pretty lazy, all those acrobatic tricks looked really choppy.
Lastly, they were riding Chocobos. zz. Couldn't they think up something else instead of stealing that? Oh well.

I'll follow this for now yeah. It'll be nice to see how it turns out.
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

Awesome Points : 10826

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kuja on Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:45 pm

and now i'm more interested to watching Hana-saku Iroha (Hanairo) Smile

Typesetter

Awesome Points : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:18 am

Just watched Tiger and Bunny; Too lazy to put in a spoiler.
Great concept, liked that world. Main Character is cool, he reminded me of Mister Incredible. Nice style, I also mostly don't like Japanese western-style superhero shows, but I'll check this out for some more episodes.
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

Awesome Points : 10826

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down