Job Appication: Cleaner(I'm a super beginner)

Go down

Job Appication: Cleaner(I'm a super beginner)

Post by Devastate on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:44 pm

Hello, I'm Devastate. I found out about this place while looking around mangahelpers and you guys are now recruiting. I'm a serious newbie when it comes to scanlating, i pretty much learn from tutorials and it would be great if you guys helped me out.
I want for you guys to teach me so i can get much better and help you guys out in the process.

I only cleaned the first one, just so that you guys will know where i am lol

Well don't expect too much, here you go, a super beginner scan:
Picture:
Spoiler:
PSD: http://www.mediafire.com/?3b5trdsrg1kgsv9

Go ahead and give me the CnC!

Can't wait for you guys to help me and train me Very Happy
Devastate
Possible Spammer
Possible Spammer

Awesome Points : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Job Appication: Cleaner(I'm a super beginner)

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:46 am

Welcome- And thanks for applying Smile.

New recruits are supposed to start only with the first page.
And I've seen far worse cleans of this page, so don't worry, 'Super beginner'.
First of all; It's pretty overleveled. Small white lines are gone, the anti-alias is weak and it all looks a bit jaggy. You did rotate a bit but it seems it's a little off.
And finally I'm not sure what you did with the grays, they look different then they do in the raw (I mean the real raw, not the raw in your psd, because that one seems altered...)
I can't exactly say what techniques you used for cleaning this page, but I can say that you're making it harder for yourself then it is. All that needs to be done to this page: Rotate, crop, duplicate back, Level correctly, remove bubbles. You did alot fixing up on the second layer, wich was probably alot work. To get a page like this clean should only take... let's say half a minute if there's not some redraw. Try to redo this page while doing only the things I did above, since there's really not much more needed on a page like this.

SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

Awesome Points : 10826

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Devastate on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:31 pm

SuppaiNoRingo wrote:Welcome- And thanks for applying Smile.

New recruits are supposed to start only with the first page.
And I've seen far worse cleans of this page, so don't worry, 'Super beginner'.
First of all; It's pretty overleveled. Small white lines are gone, the anti-alias is weak and it all looks a bit jaggy. You did rotate a bit but it seems it's a little off.
And finally I'm not sure what you did with the grays, they look different then they do in the raw (I mean the real raw, not the raw in your psd, because that one seems altered...)
I can't exactly say what techniques you used for cleaning this page, but I can say that you're making it harder for yourself then it is. All that needs to be done to this page: Rotate, crop, duplicate back, Level correctly, remove bubbles. You did alot fixing up on the second layer, wich was probably alot work. To get a page like this clean should only take... let's say half a minute if there's not some redraw. Try to redo this page while doing only the things I did above, since there's really not much more needed on a page like this.

Thanks man Smile
Well I pretty much did what you said.
It took me like 2 minutes.
Here it is:http://www.mediafire.com/?e9y4zaw2m3asvoa
Devastate
Possible Spammer
Possible Spammer

Awesome Points : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:00 am

Still a bit overleveled you really need to level softer. You'll get a grasp of it, don't worry. Mostly you need to level just over the peaks. you want the blacks to be just black / mostly black, nothing further. Oh well. The second page in the test needsfull leveling and has some copying in it. Try that one next Smile.
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

Awesome Points : 10826

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down