Job Application-Proofreader

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Job Application-Proofreader

Post by Lux_Aeterna on Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Code:
[quote="VegaObscura"]I do not blame you for the amount of time taken but for the lack of notice or warning. A simple statement that you had to study or life interfered in an essentially volunteer and extraneous task. I apologize for the lack of an identifiable command structure and while my teammates and I are doing our best to fix these issues.
I'm sorry if it seems unfair if I said to take your time and not rush but in the business of scanlating that means a day or so. Us proofreaders get a product that's close to finished and we are almost always the last step before the words are put onto the pages so its important that we keep to standards like the rest of the group even if our job is just reading words on a page. DO NOT take my time as a guide instead simply aim for less than 3 hours total at first and try to get that time shrunk as you learn the ropes.

Now that my little explanation slash apology is written I shall grade your work.

Your work was good with few typos and only 1 sentence needing flow adjustment. One name was kept misspelled but as you've probably never read Medaka box that is not a thing to count against you. i give you a pass and i recommend that you team up with one of our other new proofers at least until you figure out how your schedule will work out and keep tests or stress from affecting your work.

p.s you raised a good point in how I left you hanging and as soon as possible i will have a new topic up where any questions can be asked of me and guaranteed answered in 5 or fewer hours after posting.[/quote]

Ah recently came back from exams. I'm sorry for the mistake I made as well, and I'll adhere to everything,that you've stated from here on out. Not sure if the Q/A topic is up yet, but I just have a question so I know what, and where to expect things (if it is up, I'll just ask over there as well):

1. Essentially, How are scripts assigned?

Also, I'll look around/ask around if any new proofer wants to team up for a while so schedules and pacing can be determined. My only issue is, I haven't a clue who's a new proofer, it seems you all have been here for a while.
Anyway , I just wanted to say thank you and that I've read what you've said. Thanks for all the information in this post and suggestions.

@Moku: Thank you ^^ ! I'll do my best here.

@SuppaiNoRingo: Yes, I'm able to see the staff forum now. (had to open a separate window as I was responding to Vega's message) .

"Man first of all exists, encounters himself, surges up in the world—and defines himself afterwards….he will be what he makes of himself. Thus there is no human nature…man simply is. He is what he wills…One will never be able to explain one’s action by reference to a given and specific human nature—in other words there is no determinism: man is free, man is freedom."
Jean-Paul Sartre
Lux_Aeterna
Proofreader
Proofreader

Awesome Points : 39

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VegaObscura on Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:31 pm

The page is up under our proofing section in staff. Glad to have you and the scripts are assigned pretty much by agreement or when you see them up on the proofers section then they are up for grabs.

I shall be the all encompassing morass of justice and grammar, the lord of the lakes,the duke of the thesauri, the arch chancellor of the seen universities, the taster of all things heath, and gardener for elysium. My pending titles extend to racer of tortoises, delver of depths , envoy of the Abyssal Regions, tamer of things that go bump thump or bark.
VegaObscura
Admin
Admin

Awesome Points : 10214

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux_Aeterna on Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:33 pm

Alright fair enough. And yes, just saw it after browsing the staff section for a bit. Thank you once again. I feel I'm saying this too often now. :/

"Man first of all exists, encounters himself, surges up in the world—and defines himself afterwards….he will be what he makes of himself. Thus there is no human nature…man simply is. He is what he wills…One will never be able to explain one’s action by reference to a given and specific human nature—in other words there is no determinism: man is free, man is freedom."
Jean-Paul Sartre
Lux_Aeterna
Proofreader
Proofreader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiyuki on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:41 am

Lux deserves hugs! oAo *huggles*

Vega's scary. .__.

Hiyuki
Translator
Translator

Awesome Points : 181

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VegaObscura on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:53 am

Really now? I prefer able to comport himself with dignity and grace while also in control and on top of things.

I shall be the all encompassing morass of justice and grammar, the lord of the lakes,the duke of the thesauri, the arch chancellor of the seen universities, the taster of all things heath, and gardener for elysium. My pending titles extend to racer of tortoises, delver of depths , envoy of the Abyssal Regions, tamer of things that go bump thump or bark.
VegaObscura
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mokuren on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:18 am

Yes, well I have to admit it's quite scary if someone actually succeeds in that Razz

I'm never on top of things Neutral and when I am, it's never graceful or dignified Razz

Proofreader
Proofreader

Awesome Points : 150

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiyuki on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:31 pm

Vega needs hugs too. *huggles*

Hiyuki
Translator
Translator

Awesome Points : 181

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VegaObscura on Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:33 pm

Why thank you both in saying that i am scarily awesome (I choose to interpret it as this so there......) and for the apparent hug happy member who is spreading happiness and joy as if they were contagious)

VegaObscura
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux_Aeterna on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:13 pm

Thanks for the hug XD Hiyuki

Jean-Paul Sartre
Lux_Aeterna
Proofreader
Proofreader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zc1995 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:02 am

Congrats,I've been busy last week(relative passed away...)
Anyway,hope we work well together XD

zc1995
Typesetter
Typesetter

Awesome Points : 700

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux_Aeterna on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:27 pm

zc1995 wrote:Congrats,I've been busy last week(relative passed away...)
Anyway,hope we work well together XD
Thank you. Sorry to hear about the passing away of your relative. ): I wish your family the best in getting through the times, hopefully we will be able to work well together indeed. Take care.

Jean-Paul Sartre
Lux_Aeterna
Proofreader
Proofreader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kuja on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:05 am

heya congrats~
i hope we can work well together Very Happy

Typesetter