Cleaner, Typesetter, Editor, Proofreader, : XeroRain

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cleaner, Typesetter, Editor, Proofreader, : XeroRain

Post by Xᴇʀø Rᴀiɴ ♥ on Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:54 am

Well, where should I start, I've been using photoshop for at least 4 years I basically taught my self everything from graphics to animation effects, ect I have many different types of fonts, but if any of you have any badass/amazing ones you can share them with me, since I need more. :3 Well a bit about me, is if you get on my bad side, You'll learn to hate me, since I'm not a very friendly person at all, get too know me then you'll know me, if you have anymore questions just ask. I'll try to help around here as much as I can or if you need me.

I was thinking of skipping the tests because I could just show you the latest thing I made, it was a wallpaper for a friend.

[x]

Xᴇʀø Rᴀiɴ ♥
Lurker

Awesome Points: 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cleaner, Typesetter, Editor, Proofreader, : XeroRain

Post by WhyTheHarsh on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:02 am

are those from a manga or anime series, they're so cute Very Happy Very Happy

WhyTheHarsh
Lurker

Awesome Points: 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xᴇʀø Rᴀiɴ ♥ on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:08 am

WhyTheHarsh wrote:are those from a manga or anime series, they're so cute Very Happy Very Happy

Their from an anime styled JRPG game for PS3 and yush they are. x3

Xᴇʀø Rᴀiɴ ♥
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:38 am

Aye, a warm welcome to you too Wink
Pretty good seems you have alot of experience - However I would want you to take the tests, simply because I haven't really seen your skills in Cleaning and Typesetting yet. The wallpaper is really nice, but editing pages is a very different process.
So, we just need to see your skills in this department before we let you join.
If you're up for it you can download the cleaning pages pack here
http://www.mediafire.commediafire.com/?j4fd23pqz37l710
If you take two of the later pages (number 9 and above) (not the color ones, but you may take one extra if you wish so) and finish it without any big mistakes then you'll probably pass unless there's still a technique that wasn't covered yet.

Typesetting test can be found here, it's pretty short and doesn't take long;
http://www.mediafire.commediafire.com/?dv5xx8yn35drmsd

Good luck, and best regards.

SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

Awesome Points: 10826

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xᴇʀø Rᴀiɴ ♥ on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:42 am

Thanks and I'll start working on it now, I was just messing around and cropping these two. xD

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Xᴇʀø Rᴀiɴ ♥
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xᴇʀø Rᴀiɴ ♥ on Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:20 am

SuppaiNoRingo wrote:Aye, a warm welcome to you too Wink
Pretty good seems you have alot of experience - However I would want you to take the tests, simply because I haven't really seen your skills in Cleaning and Typesetting yet. The wallpaper is really nice, but editing pages is a very different process.
So, we just need to see your skills in this department before we let you join.
If you're up for it you can download the cleaning pages pack here
http://www.mediafire.commediafire.com/?j4fd23pqz37l710
If you take two of the later pages (number 9 and above) (not the color ones, but you may take one extra if you wish so) and finish it without any big mistakes then you'll probably pass unless there's still a technique that wasn't covered yet.

Typesetting test can be found here, it's pretty short and doesn't take long;
http://www.mediafire.commediafire.com/?dv5xx8yn35drmsd

Good luck, and best regards.

How about just one color one? since its shows how much I can do and making two seems like a waste of time, but if you want me to do more I'll listen.

Heres the original just so you can look at it.
----
Spoiler:
-

Clean and effected:
----

Spoiler:

And for the typesetting test do I just do one? And can I mess around with my own fonts?

Xᴇʀø Rᴀiɴ ♥
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:37 am

I actually said that you didn't have to do a color page, but 2 normal ones :X. In any case, yes for the typesetter test you can mess around with your own fonts, as long as it fits somewhat with the original japanese fonts (No huge bold fonts for normal speak).
On your test page:
The copying in the first panel was very noticeable- It stands out too much, the color here is a gradient, so you need to copy while keeping the tones of the gradient in mind. Tree was messy but ok, Further only the cave copying and the flames where somewhat weird and noticeable. Page was also too small, for the test just resize every page to 1200. This is a horrible page, I know.
I'd like to see you try page 12 then, a normal magazine page...

SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xᴇʀø Rᴀiɴ ♥ on Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:44 am

SuppaiNoRingo wrote:I actually said that you didn't have to do a color page, but 2 normal ones :X. In any case, yes for the typesetter test you can mess around with your own fonts, as long as it fits somewhat with the original japanese fonts (No huge bold fonts for normal speak).
On your test page:
The copying in the first panel was very noticeable- It stands out too much, the color here is a gradient, so you need to copy while keeping the tones of the gradient in mind. Tree was messy but ok, Further only the cave copying and the flames where somewhat weird and noticeable. Page was also too small, for the test just resize every page to 1200. This is a horrible page, I know.
I'd like to see you try page 12 then, a normal magazine page...

Gah you're right I forgot to resize it, completely slipped my mind its like 5 AM here. <_< And I was thinking some patterns wouldn't really matter because text would be over it. I felt like doing something more basic then a black and white, I'll do page 12 later tonight or something and I have a question for the bubbles script for the typesetting test, did you guys follow the bubbles script from the first left bubble? Or the first right bubble.

Xᴇʀø Rᴀiɴ ♥
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:54 am

The way the page reads, so you start in the most upper right text. By the way if it's 5 AM you should get some sleep Wink not sleeping is bad for you.

SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xᴇʀø Rᴀiɴ ♥ on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:26 am

SuppaiNoRingo wrote:The way the page reads, so you start in the most upper right text. By the way if it's 5 AM you should get some sleep Wink not sleeping is bad for you.

Thanks for the help and I will, I just felt like doing it before I went to bed I hope you like it, I resized just the height also x1200

Original: Not Resized

Spoiler:
-------

Resized and effected/cleaned:

Spoiler:
---------

Goodbye/night.

Xᴇʀø Rᴀiɴ ♥
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zc1995 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:34 am

Nice wallpaper you made there

zc1995
Typesetter
Typesetter

Awesome Points: 700

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:10 am

Alright, here a knockdown of what I could see from here (for future things, please upload the PSD Wink)
Also put your pics in spoiler tags, page was kinda laggy for me.
First off, the page isn't cropped correctly; The black border is actually part of a black construction paper that the scanner put behind it to avoid bleedtrough. Needs to be cropped off, you'll lose a little lineart, but it's ok.
there's alot of dust on both blacks and whites. You probably tried to clean this page without filtering, doesn't work that well unless you really put in ALOT effort. However the levels are still too light. Little nitpicking of me would be the smoke on the gray copy.
We'll work with the filters later then, first you need to work on your levels and getting rid of dust. Not all magazine pages need to be cleaned with a filter in order to do it fast, the berserk page is a good example of one that gets by with only leveling. (page 10).
Crop the page, level and then remove dusts on black and white. You can brush dusts away with a brush, use the burn tool, or even select dusts and fill the area with white / black. To check for dusts I'd suggest using an adjustment layer. On the layer tab in photoshop click the half white / half black circle, and then click 'levels' in the menu that pops up. remove the clipping mask (if any), place it above every other layer and level far to black or far to white to see dusts. If you've got any questions feel free to ask; Good luck. Oh and upload your psd this time please Wink

SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top