muse
Editor
Editor

Awesome Points : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Editor application [PASSED]

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:19 pm

Yeah, typo my bad. basicly I mean that the blacks contain too sharp white dusts and vice versa, for most denoisers.
At your page; The denoise that went over it looks a bit heavy; but oh well. Little dusty but: good redrawing faded white lines; thats something that has to be done pretty often on these kind of scans, Your copying was very good, slightly offtone, but thats because the gray is a bit washy. On the top panel on his Kimono there are some trees / flower kind of things. Thats a texture you'd have to select and do the layer via copy + level trick, since it kind of got blurred now.

Did you perhaps denoise it downsized? If so, always denoise on the raw without resizing unless the raw is very small.
This one's 3000 pix height, so should be large enough. (actually, don't resize untill you've got the whole preclean done, burning etc. The only things I do resized is bubbles and dust removal. (bubbles includes redraws) This is with exceptions ofcourse :3) If thats not the case then I guess your settings are a bit heavy, I've never worked with topaz 5, so I can say if those settings you got from the guide are good; Oh well. I thought that Hazama uses topaz 5, maybe he can tell you his secret techniques.

You're good enough to join the team, so you'll be upgraded to staff soon. If you don't mind I'll wait for a bit till you've done the final typesetting test since then you can be added to the editor group instead of being added to the cleaner group first.
Your works will get a QC the first times; Just to make sure; and yeah, thats it. Congratulations.
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

Awesome Points : 10826

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by muse on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:23 pm

I downsized at the very end, after redrawing and bubbles and everything.

Topaz 5 has a overall strength slider. If the denoise is heavy, I can adjust the slider downwards. At the moment, I simply can't tell the difference very well between overdenoised and proper denoising. I assume overdenoising ruins the grey texture?

Topaz Denoise 5 has some pretty cool new features, like a speed increase, an increase in the size handling capabilities, and a "correct black levels" option (I think this is why the dragon in 07 wasn't blurred like usual).

muse
Editor
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:41 am

Well, it's not overdenoised, it's just a bit heavy; Don't worry about it. We don't even use topaz that much, most of the time you'll be cleaning without filters.
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

Awesome Points : 10826

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazama on Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:18 am

Congratulations for passing ringo's cleaning test!

As for typesetting, the centering was a good job ^^ though you have to decrease the font size especially in the neuro page. Nothing biggy but I want you to learn it all by yourself Smile I'll add you to the cleaner's group for the mean time until you redo that page. You'll advance to editor after you pass so yeah :3

[EDIT]
changed you to cleaner for the time being.. Can you see the staff section?

バカメ!
Hazama
LUV EEEEEET щ(゚Д゚щ)
LUV EEEEEET щ(゚Д゚щ)

Awesome Points : 10867

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by muse on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:05 pm

Here's the neuro edit:
mediafire.com ?j9kx713tn49gdsi

What's the MINIMUM font size for your group? I had read somewhere it's 15-17, so earlier I was trying to stick to that.

What's the easiest way to switch between text bubbles while repositioning them?

And yea, I can see the staff section now. Woooooo.

muse
Editor
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazama on Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:57 am

Should be good enough..
anyways, you dont have to shape the text to diamonds as the unblessed guide taught you.
Just make it square or rectangle or smt.. It actually depends on the bubble shape.

also, did you purposely select the 'all caps' from the character menu?
please dont do that next time :>

about the font size, it also depends on the bubble. You just have to adjust the font size if the bubble is too big or too small.

I'll change you to 'editor' now :>
congratulations~

バカメ!
Hazama
LUV EEEEEET щ(゚Д゚щ)
LUV EEEEEET щ(゚Д゚щ)

Awesome Points : 10867

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content