Visual Novels

Go down

Visual Novels

Post by ClaymoreSmiley on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:58 am

So I really like visual novels (if you don't know what those are Wikipedia has a fairly accurate write-up on them), and I'm looking into which ones I should start reading now that I can read fairly well in Japanese. I'm kinda staying away from the Key ones (Kanon, Clannad) for the time being because I've already seen the anime so I know how they turn out. Right now I'm reading:
Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kizuna (that's the DS version)
So two murder mystery stories... I'm hoping to pick up some more classic romance ones, but besides the Key games I don't know what to pick up so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I talked with some Japanese guys and I've heard that Cross+Channel is pretty good so I've grabbed a copy of that, and I'm thinking of doing I/O, but when it comes to other titles I just don't know what to look for.
Any suggestions/commentary on Visual Novels you really like?
ClaymoreSmiley
Translator
Translator

Awesome Points : 131

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Visual Novels

Post by Hazama on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:21 pm

Ive only played clannad and some eroge VNs T-T and currently running through shuffle! :/ though because its an eroge, its not that challenging :/ I also want to know more romance VNs but I hope what you'll suggest is translated in english lol

バカメ!
Hazama
LUV EEEEEET щ(゚Д゚щ)
LUV EEEEEET щ(゚Д゚щ)

Awesome Points : 10867

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaymoreSmiley on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:35 pm

Symphonic Rain is translated, and it's super good. It has a musical rhythm game element built into it too and the art style is pretty nice. The songs were all written by Ritsuko Okazaki who did a bunch of famous anime themes. Basically the game is about you being a student at a famous music school and you have to find a girl to partner up with for your graduate concert. While courting your partner you discover that everyone's life is rather complicated. Then when you unlock all the endings you get a special scenario that will totally change you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtkM0Aza4qw

You can find the translation for it up on the TLWiki

Ehe, other than the Key games (Kanon and Clannad, oh and Little Busters) and Symphonic Rain I haven't played too many romance games... mostly horror/mystery ones. But I'm trying out quite a few right now so I'll let you know which ones are... wait... translated... oh... um. Yeah I dunno about translated ones too much, but I'd recommend just hitting up the TLwiki and checking out all the ones they have listed.

Where they will lead I take the plunge eyes wide

Don't talk to me 'til you've played Suikoden 2
ClaymoreSmiley
Translator
Translator

Awesome Points : 131

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazama on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:40 am

Pretty nice title :> Imma go get it now.. I hope there are enough seeds though lol thanks

バカメ!
Hazama
LUV EEEEEET щ(゚Д゚щ)
LUV EEEEEET щ(゚Д゚щ)

Awesome Points : 10867

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down