What's the best anime

Go down

What's the best anime

Post by ksy_guy on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:31 pm

What's the best anime (in your opinion) this could be... a tool to aid the beggining anime watchers to differentiate the good anime from the less good (almost all anime is good) XD
ksy_guy
Lurker

Awesome Points : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's the best anime

Post by The Admin With a Big Name on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:56 pm

I dont really know what the best anime is tbh ... thats really hard to say lol.... I kinda have a soft spot for princess monoke but then again I have some sort of Index addiction too... lol
The Admin With a Big Name
Admin
Admin

Awesome Points : 11779

View user profile http://animesalvation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VegaObscura on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:07 am

For fighting anime then tenjhou tenge, Sengokou basara, Beelzebub kinda, Fairy Tale,

For random awesome just add viewers Tentai Senshi Sunred, S-Cry-ed,Cowboy bebop, anything Ghibli (Specifically Mon onoke Hime, and spirited away. second place is Castle in the sky and Pom poko. ), Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (both the compilation movies and series

Random mecha The neon Genesis Evangelion Movies(much better now that he's not depressed and has mucho grande funding), Fafner in the Azure, Overman King gainer, broken blade (or whatever the subbers currently decided) Bokurano (this one is my personal fave for modern day mecha)

new anime I love Puella Magica Madoka, Fractale, and I haven't seen the rest yet so its much shorter than my mecha list

I shall be the all encompassing morass of justice and grammar, the lord of the lakes,the duke of the thesauri, the arch chancellor of the seen universities, the taster of all things heath, and gardener for elysium. My pending titles extend to racer of tortoises, delver of depths , envoy of the Abyssal Regions, tamer of things that go bump thump or bark.
VegaObscura
Admin
Admin

Awesome Points : 10214

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:42 am

I'm the type that has no clear favorites above everything else- I just like or dislike certain anime.
I mostly look at the animation style and the flow of the story to determine if something is 'good' though this is not always reliable when watching the first episode. I like the original works (Light novels and Mangas) better then animes most of the time.
I saw cowboy bebop somewhere in this thread, now that is something that you should watch- I don't know anyone that dislikes it.
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

Awesome Points : 10826

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazama on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:33 am

I love tear jerking series so for me, clannad, angel beats Smile

バカメ!
Hazama
LUV EEEEEET щ(゚Д゚щ)
LUV EEEEEET щ(゚Д゚щ)

Awesome Points : 10867

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaymoreSmiley on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:50 am

My Favorite Anime: Kanon
Best Story: Clannad & After Story
Best Characters: Toradora
Best Fantasy: Seirei no Moribito
Best Mystery: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Funniest: Jungle ha Itsumo Hare Nochi Guu
Best Mecha: Gundam Seed
Appeals to most people: Code Geass
Best Anime no one has Ever Heard of: Figure 17
Honorable Mention due to Awesomeness: Zettai Karen Children
ClaymoreSmiley
Translator
Translator

Awesome Points : 131

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zc1995 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:56 am

Hazama wrote:I love tear jerking series so for me, clannad, angel beats Smile
Ya angel beat.do you know that tenshi kanade is the same person who voice act black rock shooter?I saw the person voice it live,and the lips synchronies perfectly.

zc1995
Typesetter
Typesetter

Awesome Points : 700

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VegaObscura on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:49 am

this makes me feel so stupid that I actually forgot angel beats in my list.

I shall be the all encompassing morass of justice and grammar, the lord of the lakes,the duke of the thesauri, the arch chancellor of the seen universities, the taster of all things heath, and gardener for elysium. My pending titles extend to racer of tortoises, delver of depths , envoy of the Abyssal Regions, tamer of things that go bump thump or bark.
VegaObscura
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by avhan on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:24 am

cowboy bebop is the best for me
also liked phantom~requiem for the phantom~
and.... Dragon Ball (it raised me more than my parents) Razz

avhan
Newtype
Newtype

Awesome Points : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Audam on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:58 am

I just finished watching TTGL..... why didn't i see this wayyyy earlier ;_;

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?
Audam
Editor
Editor

Awesome Points : 175

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:16 am

I don't have any specific animes i love but I really like Lucky Star, pretty much all Studio Ghibli films, Macross Frontier, Pandora Hearts, Soul Eater, and Hetalia. XP

Lucky
Newtype
Newtype

Awesome Points : 62

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zc1995 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:28 am

luckystar is a random anime

zc1995
Typesetter
Typesetter

Awesome Points : 700

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VegaObscura on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:18 am

I KNEW IT. One day someone other than me would bring a topic back to life. Also after watching the new anime long enough to see how they work I have some new ones. Yumekui Merry (Epic beyond belief) Dragon Crisis (Leagues better than the last little girl is a dragon crud) Fractale (heading towards serious with only a little gags unsure how its going to change) Puella magica (evangelion with magical girls 9 out of 9) Zombie blahblahblah decent doesn't even get my little inner thoughts bubble though. Star driver is funny.

VegaObscura
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaymoreSmiley on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:00 pm

Is Yumekui really that good? I watched the first ep but couldn't get into it... I guess I'll try the others. Also mentioning 'Evangelion' in your description of a show makes me want to bury said show in the ground after burning it and then flying halfway around the world to get away from it.

You're right about Fractale though. Freaking awesome show.

Also you should be watching Gosick.

Where they will lead I take the plunge eyes wide

Don't talk to me 'til you've played Suikoden 2
ClaymoreSmiley
Translator
Translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:19 pm

Gosick is awesome, but the mysteries are either way to easy (I solve them in my head before she's done talking) or you can't possible figure it out (some weird hidden kind of information that they suddenly come up with). Further it's pretty cool. I'm also watching Merry, but the manga's honestly better.
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazama on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:33 pm

^ yeah the merry anime is kind of boring :/ I dunno it just feels dull o.o
gosick, I watched ep1 and when I figured it was a mystery-solving anime, I dropped it lol
zombie, was really funny but the 'masou shoujo guy transformation' is getting old.
hmm.. Id say infinite stratos...? and also kimi ni todoke :3 though toooo much drama is kind of getting on my nerves lol!

バカメ!
Hazama
LUV EEEEEET щ(゚Д゚щ)
LUV EEEEEET щ(゚Д゚щ)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VegaObscura on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:52 pm

I didn't mention Gosick due to watching it at that moment. While the mysteries are pretty simple it has gotten a case of the plot development in the latest episode so the easy puzzles may have been just to set up the premise. I'm a major fan of well done and pretty anime so I'm happy with Merry(I like the recent influx of romances that don't involve short evil girls hitting their slave/boyfriends). Also when i say Evangelion you should automatically assume i mean Genre breaking deconstructions that think about the effects of their premise while not having creators suffering from Almost suicidal depression issues. I mean come on the story boarder behind Saya no Uta is helping out on Puella magi so that should say something to those in the know. Also for haters of what Evangelion became after many years of hype fandumb and unwavering decisions to flog it to death watch the newest Movie. Its all that Evangelion should have been and it has some pretty good music that doesn't quite fit the parts it plays over.

VegaObscura
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaymoreSmiley on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:08 pm

It was written by the SAYA NO UTA guy!? Woah... wooah...

Now I've gotta check it out. That's like when I found out Digimon Tamers shared a director with Lain and Hellsing.

Gosick's not that great as a mystery, I agree, but I dunno if it was really meant to be. I'm glad they're moving into backstory and character development now.

As for Infinite Stratos... hehe, the Japanese gamer club I attend at Kyoto University is split down the middle on that show. It's funny cuz' it comes on during our Wednesday meetings late at night, so half the guys want to watch it so they turn it on and then they have to argue with the other guys to keep it down and stop knocking on the show. I don't have an opinion either way... nothing in IS made me want to keep watching it.

Also Wolverine. Forgot to mention that. Wolverine is much more fun to watch that I ever thought it would be.

Where they will lead I take the plunge eyes wide

Don't talk to me 'til you've played Suikoden 2
ClaymoreSmiley
Translator
Translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VegaObscura on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:08 pm

I was finally curious enough to check out our home page today, Why exactly am I still inactive? Yeah japan does good american inspired stuff. We got PSG, Those halo oneshots, the Animatrix, and more that i can't remember.

VegaObscura
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:05 pm

Check out translator sections / work area etc if you want a job. :3 Mister ajikko can be proofed, but you'll need to be fast because I'll probably release it in the morning (for me, evening now). Anyone saw Koe de oshigoto? Was only 1 episode, some sorta OVA, (epi 2 should be coming soon), was little standard but I enjoyed it :O.

Not every american inspired stuffthat they do is good btw, I still found Ultraman an utter dissapointment.
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazama on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:14 pm

^ yessssssss that OVA series... Its too bad though its an OVA. I started reading the manga after I watched ep1 Smile

at least fortune arterial and baka to test are getting OVAs this month :>
http://mangahelpers.com/news/details/466

@vega: lol sorry about that. Its not always updated. I havent even added the new names of the newbies X)

バカメ!
Hazama
LUV EEEEEET щ(゚Д゚щ)
LUV EEEEEET щ(゚Д゚щ)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: