Editor request

Go down

Editor request

Post by ksy_guy on Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:58 pm

You have requested an editor, and i would gladly try it out, i have photoshop and i am experienced with it, i am also a good artist, i just wish i new japanese Sad
This whould be amusing and let me experience different manga styles so i could one day right my own Smile
ksy_guy
Lurker

Awesome Points : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Editor request

Post by The Admin With a Big Name on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:25 pm

Alright I shall leave Hazama and Ringo to giving you the test and I hope you do well on the test.
The Admin With a Big Name
Admin
Admin

Awesome Points : 11779

View user profile http://animesalvation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazama on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:17 am

Oh thank god an editor applicant ^_____^
you got some good timing since we're needing one badly lol

anyways
cleaning test: http://www.mediafire.com/?8ymx2634lxxofti
typesetting test: http://www.mediafire.com/?dv5xx8yn35drmsd

good luck ! ^-^
you may choose to resize 1400px on pages 03-04 (cleaning test) to preserve quality.. Smile
oh and please no using of shunpo here in the forum lol like people disappearing all of a sudden Wink

バカメ!
Hazama
LUV EEEEEET щ(゚Д゚щ)
LUV EEEEEET щ(゚Д゚щ)

Awesome Points : 10867

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:43 am

Welcome.
If you have any questions about the tests etc just ask here and we'll answer Wink. Good luck.
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

Awesome Points : 10826

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Finished

Post by ksy_guy on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:24 pm

I have finished it all and hope to pass XD
here are links
-cleaning test
-typesetting test
thank you for your time in advance Smile
ksy_guy
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:24 am

Long post ahead.
I'll be going trough the cleaning test with you. I'll leave the typesetting test to Hazama, since that is his forte.Forgive me if it all sounds a bit harsch -You did not pass the test, but we can help you pass it- I'll be pointing the mistakes page for page, you can also just scroll down to the summary below for a compilation and how to go on~
If you want a more detailed explanation on how to do everything, say so and I'll guide you trough some pages then let you try some others yourself.
-Page 03 in the original test wasn't included, could you not open it? it doesn't matter though, you are not likely to clean a page similar to it-
Page 01
Page was not rotated, but alot people don't rotate nowadays. You threw a blur filter or something over it- This is a page where it's absolutely not needed. The grays are almost completely blurred out of their pattern (not all grays, but look at the first panel, it's one big blur) and the levels are also wrong; the page isn't white except on some brushed places. same for blacks. Something curious though is that even the bubbles, wich should be filled with white aren't white, normally one would make those white. So I'm wondering if your color settings are completely right...
Could not say much about your copying since it's not really in a pattern, but it was ok. You don't have to remove SFX's by the way.
Page 02.
Levels were alot better then in the first page, still not quite there. Just a little more... again a blur filter on a page where it isn't needed =/. The redraws were ok! Oh and rotation. Lovely redraw of the sfx in the 3rd panel - It wasn't needed but it still looks cool Smile.
Page 03.
Your levels get better each page; and we're nearly there here. Still dusts on whites though that could easily be leveled out. Not a single black is really black and your filtering was quite heavy - but this is a page that can be filtered.
page 04.
Why did you crop such a big part from the top? wasn't needed. Not much to say here that I did not say already on previous pages.

SUMMARY
I do not exactly know what kind of filter you used on every page, but it's a bit heavy. for the good quality scans (the first 2 pages) It's a serious overkill- it makes everything blurry; the page looks better without it. On the last two, you usually use that sort of filter on those kind of raws, but even for those pages it was a bit heavy, this is visible from the grays and the dust flying around the page. Rotation needs to be done, not on every page but if it's clearly visible, then just rotate. You can level each page a bit more, there is this dangerous border between overleveling and underleveling, you need to find that border. And when copying (when a text appears in a gray) you need to copy with the pattern. one of the most important rules: Blacks should be black and whites should be white!

I can give you some different pages or you can try these again- I'll give you some magazine scans if you want other ones, if you want to try these again start with the first two. These pages ONLY need leveling, not a single filter! and rotate / crop. For the redraws / bubbles, it's sometimes nice to do em on another layer so you can easily erase something on that layer if you've done something wrong. Don't try to level every dust out, excessive dusts should be removed with a brush or something. You can check for dusts by making an levels adjustment layer- on your background copy click the half black half white circle then click 'levels'. Then overlevel it heavily to black or white and you'll see dusts on blacks / whites if there are any.
Any questions / remarks feel free to ask Smile
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zc1995 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:59 am

Please don't be discourage by what ringo said,even though he was a bit harsh,but we actually want you to join us,that's why we will help you to pass,as long as you still wanna be part of us.

zc1995
Typesetter
Typesetter

Awesome Points : 700

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazama on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:48 am

http://unblessed.net/guide/main.html <-- check out this website ^^ you can learn a lot of basics here (both cleaning and typesetting).

Don't worry its always like that in the first try. lol every pro these days had those results too before.
Regarding the TS test, I'd say place the text properly.. Try visiting mangastream.com and take a look at their typesetting Smile

バカメ!
Hazama
LUV EEEEEET щ(゚Д゚щ)
LUV EEEEEET щ(゚Д゚щ)

Awesome Points : 10867

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zc1995 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:37 pm

Whats our typeset test?
I didnt do our test when I join you know O.O

zc1995
Typesetter
Typesetter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:51 pm

No, you did Ieatsoul's typesetting test if I recall correctly, there's not really alot differences between typesetting tests except for the different pages so...
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zc1995 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:52 pm

Lol,Its was supposed to just be a practice,but it end up as a test XD

zc1995
Typesetter
Typesetter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

cleaning 2

Post by ksy_guy on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:44 pm

i cleaned and hope this time the whites are good.

cleaning numba 2
ksy_guy
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:00 am

Well, your levels are a bit better and your rotation is good too- however you still used that filter on the pages =/. One of the reasons you have so many dusts is because of that filter. Just try the following for the first 2 pages:
Open the page, rotate it using the ruler tool, crop it, level correctly, resize, remove additional dusts by hand and do redraws / make bubbles white.
You don't have to do page 3/4 now, I'll give you the denoise program we use later and then you can do those in an easier way.
And don't be affraid to use layers, they're your friends.
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down