A wild translator appeared! Fight/Cast/Evade

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A wild translator appeared! Fight/Cast/Evade

Post by ClaymoreSmiley on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:04 am

Hey so I guess I'll try to talk about stuff in this introduction that I didn't in my translator app...

Um. Well my screen name, Claymore Smiley, came from back when I was a little kid. I suck at drawing so most of my drawings involved smiley faces, the little yellow guys. I'd make armies of them with different weapons and stuff and they'd fight. Then one day someone told me that really huge swords are called 'claymores', so I was like 'Sweet! Then the strongest smiley with the biggest sword is Claymore Smiley; hero of all smileys!'

Thus, Claymore Smiley.

Nowdays people assume it's a reference to an FPS due to the Claymore mines. Nooooooo~pe

Anyway, I'm into anything Japanese from Light Novels to Manga to Anime to Visual Novels. I've kinda moved away from manga recently since I find Light Novels more interesting, but I don't mind chipping in with translation projects of any kind.

My favorite anime are the Key Trinity (Angel Beats, Clannad, Kanon), the When They Cry series (Higurashi, Kai and Umineko), Figure 17, and let's throw Seirei no Moribito and Zettai Karen Children in there as well. Basically as long as the series has a good plot and cute (cute in this context being the opposite of hot, synonyms being innocent, sweet and adorable) moe characters, then I love it.

Failing that I also love stories involving the paranormal, police, doctors, and mysteries (not necessarily all at once though). Oh and cooking. Cooking anime/manga are fun too.

As of currently I have a Japanese PS2 and PSP, so most of the video games I like are for those two systems. Recently I've been obsessed with Falcom games and have been playing through both the Ys and the Sora no Kiseki series on my PSP. My favorite game series is Suikoden.

I also tend to make long-winded posts, especially when introducing myself. But I didn't have to tell you that, now did I? Hahaha...
ClaymoreSmiley
Translator
Translator

Awesome Points : 131

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A wild translator appeared! Fight/Cast/Evade

Post by zc1995 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:47 am

I have a psp too.You should totally play kingdom hearts =w=

zc1995
Typesetter
Typesetter

Awesome Points : 700

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:05 am

Not even a famicon? Razz
(I like nintendo more)
Most people think my name comes from Ringo star from the Beatles, but I just took it because I like apples.
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

Awesome Points : 10826

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zc1995 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:45 am

I was thinking why is your avatar an apple O.O

zc1995
Typesetter
Typesetter