I wanna be a translator!

Go down

I wanna be a translator!

Post by ClaymoreSmiley on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:34 am

Well a person named Katimusha grabbed me and asked me to come here and sign up as a translator.

I'm currently working with the Little Busters Translation team on the Little Busters Visual Novel, but once spring break rolls around starting Feb. 1st I'll have a lot more free time on my hands than I do now, so doing a manga translation should be fine.

My credentials... well I guess Little Busters isn't out yet so you can't read that for an example, but anyway I'm currently living in Japan, am part of a Japanese gamer club that runs out of Kyoto University (though I don't currently attend there, but a different U in Kyoto), and I'm JLPT Level 3 certified (the new level 3, not the old one). My major is Japanese, and I'll be completing it upon returning home to America in July, and my minor is creative writing.

As far as projects, I really prefer doing manga that are already done, so I have a finite goal to reach for and then like we can post a batch somewhere and it's over. I don't really like that concept of doing a manga that's coming out every week/month as... well it's not finite, I don't like non-finite projects. I especially like the idea of doing like really (not REALLY really) old manga or stuff that nobody's really looked at twice before. I'd have to look around a bit to find an example, but for the current month of January I probably won't be able to do any work with ya guys yet anyway, so I've got a little time.

Anyway, look forward to working with you.
ClaymoreSmiley
Translator
Translator

Awesome Points : 131

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I wanna be a translator!

Post by The Admin With a Big Name on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:17 am

welcome to overload scans and I will wait for ringo or hazama to welcome you since they are better at it.
The Admin With a Big Name
Admin
Admin

Awesome Points : 11779

View user profile http://animesalvation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:02 am

Welcome to Overloadscans, enjoy your stay.
Don't worry about being busy etc, we all are sometimes- Just hoping we could work with you in februari when you have time.

Wow a visual novel, thats interesting... never watched any yet to be honest though. Is it more like a movie or game?

Lv 3 seems pretty good, but I don't now much about the test. The new lv 3 is higher then the old I thought? So are you aiming for lv 2 in July? (They take the tests in July and december or something right?)

By saying 'I really prefer doing manga that are already done' do you mean a series thats finished; has all tankobons and has never been scanlated, or do you mean redoing an old series that has not been scanlated well?
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

Awesome Points : 10826

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaymoreSmiley on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:30 am

Visual Novels are mostly like books that you read on your computer, they just have pictures to go with them, but most of the 'game' is just reading and making choices.

Before, the JLPT was divided into 4 levels, 4 being the lowest, 1 being the highest. People complained that the gap between 3 and 2 was way too big, so they now divide it into 5 with 3 being right in the middle, so yeah the new level 3 is harder than the old one.

By finished series I mean a series that's had all its volumes released but has never been scanlated.

I actually have a series I'm thinking would be good:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Ajikko

Though there's a sequel series still running now, the original manga is finished and is 19 volumes long. I just found a place today to get all the raws of it in decent quality (150-200kb per image, jpeg format). It's never been scanlated by any group. It's pretty old (1988), but it won the author the Kodansha Manga Award for Shounen series, and cooking anime/manga are always great. I started watching the anime raw a while ago and I liked it, so I thought the manga would be cool to work on now that I've found the raws of it.
ClaymoreSmiley
Translator
Translator

Awesome Points : 131

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zc1995 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:31 am

Welcome to hell.
lol,just joking,hope you work well with us.

zc1995
Typesetter
Typesetter

Awesome Points : 700

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Admin With a Big Name on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:13 pm

I decided to just go ahead and add you as a translator so poof you are a translator lol
The Admin With a Big Name
Admin
Admin

Awesome Points : 11779

View user profile http://animesalvation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiyuki on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:30 pm

Another Slave master =w=

Hiyuki
Translator
Translator