erm..Hi? xD

View previous topic View next topic Go down

erm..Hi? xD

Post by Blackhawk on Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:55 am

Hi

I found your Forum last night, through a manga i read and i liked your work. But i saw that you dont have many staff memebers so i wanted to ask if you maybe need a cleaner or editor or whatever you wanna call it xD.
I read many....maybe to many mangas, ok maybe not so many since i dont know how to define many when reading mangas....however. I started cleaning not so long ago and i had a lot of fun doing it so i thought maaaybe you ask here if they need one to help out.

About me...im 18 i am from germany but i was two years on another country so my english dosent suck so bad...but still sucks(dosent make sence i know xD)....anyway i have a lot of freetime, and since i dont just wanna clean mangas for now reason and delete them after cleaning i thought ask here if they need your help.

besides cleaning im willing to learn anything...exept translaiting, that would be a problem.

i hope to hear some good response from you guys and hope that you contact me soon.
Blackhawk
Staff
Staff

Awesome Points : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: erm..Hi? xD

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Welcome and thanks for signing up at Overload scans ~!
Yeah... Sorry my german sucks; but...
Well, we've got a cleaning test; Clicky
In the test are some 'instructions', they are pointers of what your cleans must consist off;
Not a single thing on how to actually clean is found there though. You said you already cleaned some things,
so I suspect that you know the basics. if that is not the case or you need help or tips on anything, don't worry and post
it here our ask us on our irc channel: Irc.rizon.net/mangaoverload. because we can teach you step by step if needed.
When you're done with the test post it here and we'll look at it and point out mistakes, or give you tips page by page.

Don't worry, you don't have to learn japanese :p.
If you want to typeset too; (cleaning is yeah, cleaning the pages, editing is typesetting + cleaning) tell us and we'll give you a test on that after cleaning. Typesetting isn't hard though, you only need the right fonts and a bit of text placement feeling.

I wish you good luck and hope to hear of you soon.
Viel Gluck, und auf Wiedersehen ^^. (yeah my german sucks)
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

Awesome Points : 10826

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackhawk on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:56 pm

thanks for you fast reply and your help, ill try your test and hope to not totally embarres myself my sucking so bad^^
oh and by the way i have no idea how i can connect to an irc channel xD.
Blackhawk
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Yeah I'm quite the irc noob aswell; hehe.
This is where I learned to connect to an irc channel:
http://www.binktopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=188
Yeah; or you can just do the following:
Download Chatzilla (firefox app. not the best irc applicant, but it's a simple and easy one, wich I still use... It's noob friendly =] )
Then just type the following in your browser:
irc://irc.rizon.net/mangaoverload
It's a direct chat thing, meaning that there are only people if we're on at that moment.
You live in europe, I and audam also come from europe so our time zone's shouldn't be that far apart; so if you just come on somewhere in the afternoon we'll probably be online. Katimusha (the leader & founder of mangaoverload) usually comes on in the evening on my timezone.
(We need to pull more of our staffers to the irc)
Irc is completely optional ofcourse, but we can have nice talks there Smile.

Don't worry about crappy cleans, we'll help you into making it look good.
If you're really unsure, show us just the first page, we'll give you constructive critisism that you can use for the next. Whatever you like Wink.
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackhawk on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:09 pm

My first picture so far.
Blackhawk
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:20 pm

Hm you started with the hardest page :p.
well your blacks are black mostly; only found some small dusts; the window on the second panel and the spaceships on the bottom right panel)
however this page is overburned on some parts. alot of takasugi's hairlines are gone (the guy in the gray panel at the top)
His kimono texture is also all black. some clothing lines are also gone.

Your copying was done nicely; it isn't visible.
Now about the rest; your grays don't look nicely and some linework doesn't look nice =/
This has nothing to do with what you did, but with your cleaning method; so I'd like to know your method.
also I'll just post my version for the reference. you don't have to clean up to this quality; don't worry :p.
Well I redid the grays, you normally never have to so don't worry about that.
Now have a look at the following things here; his pattern on the kimono on the top panel. on my clean you can actually see the flowers / trees
on your clean it's just black. how to do this fance trick? use the polygonal lasso tool, and select the texture on the raw; do this with precision. then after you've selected it all, right click on the selection and choose 'layer via copy'. Then sharpen the layer with the texture and level it correctly.(don't forget to place the texture layer above your clean ofcourse).
some other lines are also darkened and almost black on your page.
Because of this I'd suggest you to use the following method: Use the magic wand tool, set the tolerance to 50, click something that's black and
then go to select -> modify -> contract. fill in 2, and then use the burn tool to burn the blacks. This way, you don't overburn lines away.
The drawback is that not every black is selected and sometimes it selects things wich musn't be burned. so don't burn blindly, even with the selection and you have to clean leftover dusts afterwards Wink.
Spoiler:
I'll give you some more explanation about cleaning this kind of raw after you've posted your method.
Also, if you want me to take a more detailed look, upload the photoshop file ^^.

Gl on the other pages.
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackhawk on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:11 pm

finally, now that everything is set and fine after a couple of installing issues...arg..this is the result.
Blackhawk
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:11 am

Yeah this is what I wanted to warn you on on irc; do not use denoiser where it isn't needed. on this page; for the preclean just lving was enough.
Only use denoiser when needed. The reason we use denoisers is because the paper quality of magazines are so bad, and because they use very cheap ink. in this test, the only pages where you'd need to use denoiser are pages 4 and 5. Because this is what happends when you use it on pages like this: your grays are all 'molded' to say so.
Other then that your copying is good, levels are correctly. Grays at the top panel are gone (a very light gray there) and the second panel, the back area; there was also a gray there :p.
I suggest that you do page 2 next; and you only need to do the following:
Rotate, Crop, Level, Remove texts, Redraw, resize. that's all.
I hope you get why not to use denoiser on pages like these, you should also be able to see that some parts became rather blurry.
Good luck ^^.
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackhawk on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:02 pm

so this is the second one, actually i think i didnt do so well, the picture is not properly rotated and the redrawing sucks. :/
Blackhawk
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:03 pm

The speedlines are redrawn ok, your lving is good; same thing as the last picture however;
you used some kind of denoising feature. Don't do that; you're ruining your grays =/.
could you redo this page with only lving? you don't have to rotate crop or remove text, just lv, so I can see if you've got that down correctly.
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackhawk on Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Blackhawk
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Lots and lots better; though it's a little overleveled. Watch out for that; make sure you don't damage the grays when leveling Wink.
Now we're almost there, the shinkaron page (page 3) is next, GL with that ^^. you're getting there.
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackhawk on Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Blackhawk
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:02 pm

Pretty good cleaning, really nice.
not much to say here, I liked what you did with the ring. got redraws, small dusts here and there, no problem.
on overal good Smile.
Now if you clean the last page; page 4. (you can use a denoiser there) good, then you can officially clean stuff for us.
you'll still get a quality check over your work; and receive tips on how to improve
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackhawk on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Blackhawk
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackhawk on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:08 pm

Blackhawk
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuppaiNoRingo on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Ok; really nice.
The page was really good; Most people that've cleaned this page tend to darken or burn away the top too much, wich absolutely isn't the case here.
your grays were good; burning was ok, in overal a good clean. the only thing I could notice were small dusts, wich are always there and some weird gray-ish stripe in the second panel, but I guess that was just something weird.

Ok You've passed the training fase, you can now clean stuff with us Smile!.
Congratulations.
You will still receive a quality check on your work and receive tips on how to improve etc if needed.
So yeah, hope to work with you soon ^^.
SuppaiNoRingo
Editor
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazama on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:26 am

*knock knock*
uuh, kati...?
Hazama